i have discovered tequila. and i am smitten. not the tequila of sugary margaritas in the states. not the hangover-inducing tequila . . . from that mysterious bar in the village . . . that i can never find . . . but always end up at . . . when i am in new york. i have discovered sipping tequila. small batch tequila. traditional classic tequila. tequila of the savoring-and-enjoying-sort, and not the sorry-i-drank-it grade. i am a wannabe member of the local tequila education club (i am on the waiting list to join) and i am learning so much about the nuances and intricacies of this elusive spirit.
after spending a lot of time in tonala, jalisco . . . i have also discovered hand-crafted mexican glassware. the artisanal creations produced in tonala are truly beautiful. there are warehouses and storefronts with endless varieties. an entire day could be filled seeking the perfect vessels to dress your table or stock your bar.
hence, a tequila glass-of-the-month club has emerged, and i am really excited about it.
- a new glass will be custom-designed every month by lk gubelman
- i will be working closely with a glassmaker in tonala to produce and distribute the glasses
- the concept is to consider purchasing two (or more, if you wish) glasses a month and curate a collection of unique glasses. sounds like fun, right?
- every month will feature a different, truly unique and completely original glass design
- the design of the glass will be a surprise to you . . . until you open the packaging
- the pricing will potentially vary every month depending on the design and production costs, but will remain very reasonable
- glasses will ship at the first of the month and i can ship anywhere
i will be assembling a list of folks who wish to be on a regular mailing list for the exciting new releases and future details.
if you would like to be included, click the red button below and send me a message.
images seen here are from the initial launch . . .
- each of these glasses featured three distinct pieces that were fused together to create a glass that has heft and elegance
- they stand approximately 6.5″ tall and hold 1.5 ounces; pricing for this particular glass was $250.00p
- I SOLD OUT OF THIS MONTH’s OFFERING . . . VERY EXCITING FOR A LAUNCH!
- CLICK ON THE ABOVE BUTTON TO GET SIGNED UP FOR OUR NEXT DESIGN!
ps – i am also learning to love mezcal. it is smoky and complicated and sometimes a bit spicy . . .
and can also be sipped from this glassware.